Thread: Need help fast
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 12:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jackthedog

Need help fast

I got a call at 1am from my 14 yr old son and the first words out of his mouth were, Mom this is bad....my exAH who had our son for the night, got pulled over by the police and taken in for DUI, and our son's best friend was in the truck with exAH, as exAH was taking best friend home from spending time at their house. My son was angry at first, but when his dad called him at 2:30am Son did not get angry with father at all.......interesting. ExAH was arrested for cultivating pot and having paraphenalia in July. How do I respond to my son? I reminded him his father has a disease and needs help but won't get help until he is ready to do so. I also told my son that getting angry at his dad may not change him. I can't sleep. I am worried about my son and the humiliation he has to endure, the pain of facing his dad and his dad's choices. Thank God no one was hurt...... I picked up him and another friend that was spending the night at his dad's and brought them here. What do I say to my exAH? I know I must detach let go and let God, but how I want to lay in to him. What if the parents of the friend press charges for child endangerment? I texted his mom to let her know that Zach was with me and why in case exAH called her from jail. One of her comments was that we all make bad decisions, what a lame excuse! Please include us in your prayers and if anyone has any suggestions how I handle this, please let me know. I have my son now until Dec. 23rd because exAH is going out of town on work Monday until then. God Bless you all!