View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
leo21

Hello classmates!! Alot of sober time is building up around here, eh? I'm not sure if it's something we all go thru around the same time frame, but the past few days have been suddenly trying and extremely stressful. I'm not much for unpleasant surprises, and I'm so incredibly thankful that I was able to recognize several things: Remember and ackowledge that there will always be things (good or bad) that I cannot control. I'm only able to worry about Leo. Drinking or getting cigarettes would do nothing but compound problems. I fell back on all the principles, tips, techniques I have patchworked together. And most importantly (maybe) is I wanted to stay sober more than I wanted to drink. This Friday is such a big deal to me - exactly 6 long months of keeping it real and feeling some of that serenity coming on at last. I wasn't surprised those thoughts reared up and that little voice chimed in. The eff it moments were met with resolve and the distance from alcohol grew just a little farther in the growth spurts.

I actually grew some. I have actually matured these past six months. I can keep a level head and fall back on things I have learned here and elsewhere. So, those are my thoughts for the day.