View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by PurpleSquirrel View Post
Ya know what else has worked for me? A totally self-indulgent day including a few new trashy novels, a hot bubble bath, home facial, coloring my hair, pedicure and some wonderful Chinese food! If the folks in "A Christmas Story" can go out for Chinese, then so can I!

The trick is to get purposefully busy. Not just aimlessly busy, but busy with a goal in mind. Pamper yourself - do some of those things that that you felt you couldn't find time for because you were around an alkie/addict. Spoil yourself rotten!
I am going to have a totally self-indulgent Christmas this year. No ABF (now EXABF) around, drunk, disorderly and apologetic, just me and the pup-in our jammies, watching every Christmas movie/special ever made, cooking a lovely prime rib dinner, it is all about me on December 25th. My family lives back East and things are just as low key there as well.

I have had several well-meaning friends feeling sorry for me, and try to invite me for the day, but I told them that while I may be by myself, I certainly won't be alone, as long as there is the phone (to talk to family), my webcam (again, for family) and my wonderful friends here @ SR.

I would rather spend a day like this, by myself and not have to contend with the crap that I went through the last few Christmases.........