View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tigger41

That must have been difficult - maybe next time you can really look at the folks buying it and try to guess how many wish they could just quit. I would always try to put on a happy face when I was running in to get my wine - sometimes I was happy - it would make me happy knowing I had a one or or day supply. Sometimes I would be happy I was getting a brand I especially liked.

But the other times (and towards the end there were more of them than the other) I was angry and sad. Mostly angry that I was having to stop by and get my stash. Annoyed that I had to go out of my way when I really needed to get going home. Stressed trying to figure out how I was going to get it into the house and replace the new rum bottle with the almost empty one in the cabinet. Where I was going to put the wine bottles? and if it had finally gotten bad enough for my OH to day something. It was stressful and I would be angry - when would they go to bed already so I could drink! My life was being run by when, how and where I could drink.

I was at Disney last year (I love WDW)... anyway I was at the Boardwalk villas and there was a woman - maybe in her 50's it was hard to tell. With a vodka bottle trying to make small talk with the cashier until it was legal for her to purchase it (Sunday morning I forget when but she had to wait another 10 minutes or so). I remember it being so sad, her trying to make conversation like everything was fine and dandy and she wasn't there on vacation - early Sunday morning trying to buy her alcohol for her to get though the day. She looked old and tired - I remember her very clearly to this day and that had to be 2 years ago.

I know this might not help but next time really look at the faces - may guess is you'll see more than the "I'm happy having a few drinks tonight" kind of look in the faces you're seeing.

Glad you got a new job -