Old 11-19-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
athomewaiting

first family therapy session a disaster, she broke up with me

well i went to our first family therapy session, and it was a disaster, first the counselor asked me a few questions about my family background and if i was ever a addict or anyone in my family and the answers where no to both of them, and asked if my parents where still together, thier 40th anniversary this weekend, so we start talking about trust issues, and then she drops a bomb on me, she says that she doesnt feel she can come home to our apartment for fear of relapse, she said that she doesnt want to be in a realtionship right now with anybody, and then i got the enabler thing, because she did it here, and that we fight all the time, and she was unhappy, but the fights where about the drugs, and we talked about that before she went to rehab, ill try to keep this short, but i told her many of times that i want her to stop and then she said that she wants to stop to, she just cant detox from heroin on her on, so i said you need to get help, and if she doesnt stop using I dont want to be with her if she is not going to stop and she made the calls to get to the rehab and within 5 days she was there, that was 2 and half weeks ago, then she breaks up with me, is this part of the program, she said she needs time to get herself together, i have been there for her thru all of this and nothing makes me madder than to say that my house isnt safe to come home to, and if shoe doesnt come here she goes to her mothers, where she has gotten high there to, and she even said it during the meeting, she is an addict and if she wants it she will find a way to get it, and her mother only lives and works 10 minutes away, and still never see's her unless she needs somebody to keep her company, so i would be the person who for 2 and half years supported her and pushed her towards recovery, and she made the choice to go, and now even after she said that she has called me 2 days in a row, and is worried about what my family might think and that she probably wont be out of there until next week so she wont be at thanksgiving, and she tells me she loves me. my head is spinning, is this a part of rehab?