View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 01:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BobbyJ

Got a quarter to bet on this deal?? (Saying this rolling my eye's)

Im so so sorry!! (Saying this with a very sad voice & a crackling pain in my heart for you)

This is one of those stories, that I can say...Dejavu.
Sounds like I wrote this post myself.

Yes, your gonna fall to peices. Yes, your gonna stop eating, Yes, your gonna think you cant go on, Yes, your heart is broken...

BUT....BUT and MORE BUT'S.......

You need to find a ALANON group, sit down with other people face to face. Attend them as much as you can. It will be a huge life saver to you! I dont have all of the word's to
explain, how the classes can help change you. But it sure can enlighten you, educate
you, that your not alone and his behavior is what alcoholics tend to do..Just like
my husband did to me. Except he moved a couple of thousand miles away!!

Do I believe his story about night vision & deer? Yes and No
I have the same problem, but if I couldnt drive, there was always someone who
would come pick me up. Do I struggle driving to night classes? Yes, but I look at it
like a do or die situation. And he "should" too....They come up with any and every excuse not to go to class. Moving, is one of them. They no longer have to be
accountable for his drinking. He doesnt have to worry about anyone catching him drink
in a new town.....Mine thought: If he moved, he was no longer an alcoholic...
Wrong Freaking answer pal: He will always be an alcoholic, no matter where you live..
That is his problem...Not yours..Seem's cold, but that is the facts & that is how alot
of alcoholics roll....

YOU NEED TO SLEEP, EAT, DRINK WATER...Things will be a absolute mess for a couple
of days, I wont lie. But it's time you pick up the peices and start to take care of you!!

Most married people talk about things like this, like moving or changing jobs.
Alcoholics, think about them and them only. Now, if he was staying sober, this
story would more than likely be something different. But I will throw down my quarter
and put a bet on it...That's just what I have learned....

Think about your list: Yelling, verbal abusive, embrassment, drunk, short temper
Why do you want to live like that??? Be honest with yourself...

To me it sound's like you need to LET GO & LET GOD!!! Let God take care of him!!!
And LET GOD TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!
It is hard to let go, I hung on for month's, wearing myself out past exhaustion.
Finally the light came on....I cant make him sober! Only he can do that....

Well, it's almost been a year now. I live here and he lives there (2,000 miles away)
ME: I go to Alanon faithfully and I have trust God, that he will turn my life around.
I fight & work hard, I pray harder. I swim fast somedays and somedays I just chill.
But all in all, I know who I am. Learning why I put up with anyone to treat me the way
he did and his embrassing moments, shame, denial, has made me a stronger, happier person than I thought I could have ever become...I no longer have to deal with all of that ******** in my life. I do not miss it. Yes, I do have days where I miss him (the man I once married) but DO NOT miss the alcoholic side to him..

HIM: He works, eat little, drinks alot. He has lost his family,home, business. But he
is content drinking his fifth of whiskey a day...

(1) Let him go, hope that he find's recovery
(2) You find a Alanon Class right away, so you can recover from this pain
(3) Keep on posting on this site. You will learn, that your not alone
(4) Pray that God will hold your heart and hand and walk you thru this
(5) Eat, Sleep and drink lot's of water
(6) There are a few more steps, but it get's overwhelming. I know it did for me.
(7) Work harder, dance faster, find happy people to be around you
(8) Educate yourself about alcoholism, read, read, read
(9) Repeat......

Dang Girl, I wish you the best, My heart aches for you, it really does!
Mine has almost been a year, and I still have stairs to climb and mountains
to move. But I do trust in God, that I only take ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!