View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
tanja

Welcome Costa! Very good advice to keep your list with you at all times. Sad- glad to see you back and doing so well. My greetings and blessings to everyone tonight. I would like to share a daily meditation that speaks directly to freedom from addictions. This is my most ferverent desire "We turned to alchol as a way out of pain and unhappiness. It worked for a while, in some cases for a long while. But inevitably, we crossed an invisible line into addiction. What had once seemed to be the solution was now the primary problem. Ironically, many of us ended up in a nightmare existence even worse than the one we had tried to leave behind. We caused injury and heartache not only to ourselves, but to those around us. We ruined our health, we compromised our values and morals, we accumulated enormous burdens of shame and guilt. When we hit bottom and threw in the towel, it was a blessing to finally admit that were were alcoholics. What a relief to discover that we were not alone, that there were places we could go for help, that there were solutions to our problems and guidelines for recovery. We finally had hope! Thought for today: My addictions stopped working for me long ago. I will give up ANY lingering reservations I may have about that reality."