View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 03:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

Originally Posted by Dietryin View Post
Exactly. I've lost everything...everything. By God's grace I'm still alive. I guess there is a reason He is keeping me here. I would love to know why.

22 years of marriage GONE. My health...Gone. Job...gone. I'm sorry guys, I am just having a pity party here. I feel so helpless and worthless. I'm 46 and ...well...is it too old to change???? How can I ever get back what I threw out? It's not like I can dumpster dive.
Hey! Wait a minute..is this ME posting in an alternate identity? Hmmm.

Well, I guess you can gather that our circumstances and stories have a LOT in common. SO maybe the fact that I am making real headway in recovery can be an encouragement to you.

You might not get "back" some of those things you lost. But you WILL get a whole lot that is worth getting.

Not sure if you are in a pity party or in the middle of a huge wake up call. I'm guessing the latter since you are not using this situation as an excuse to throw in the towel and drink yourself to death. You are using it as proof that you need to stop now.

You will find lots of support here if you want it. Lots of ideas, tools and REAL coping skills, if you want them. Lots of hope, I come here all the time to fill up when my own supply is depleated.

You already have the most important tool needed for recovery, sincere desire and determination.