View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ventura47

Dui felonies cant get a job

In 2009 I had a blackout and rear ended a vehicle that was stopped then they pushed to the car in front of them. I came out of it with the airbag in my face. I could not see, it was dark, I was confused and left the scene walking a block away to a local convenient store.. Then I heard all the sirens, I was scared confused.. I called my BF. He came and walked down to the crash site. Told the police where I was and what I was wearing.

They picked me up and arrested me. I was finally charged with two felony counts.. One a DUI with injury, people I hit had back and whiplash injury, the front car had hair fractured ribs. My car and the one I hit were totaled.. I was also charged felony for leaving the scene of an accident. I had a really bad public defender. I got 6 months county, but was able to do a work furlough program instead.

The judge ordered restitution in the sum of 17,000.00 to victims. What I found out a bit later is that my insurance company wanted to pay both victims off at 15,000 cash each but could not get the parties to agree. It took over a year to work it out.. They got paid and withdrew the claim with the court.. Now I cant find work.. I have been rejected by more than one decent paying job based on a background check. Meanwhile I'm being grilled for the remaining balance of 4,500.00 for fines and fees. I'm close to being homeless. I know I messed up. But how is cooking in a restaurant have anything to do with a DUI three years ago.