Thread: Back to AA
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Originally Posted by Saliena View Post
You know for a very long time I didn't believe in a HP. I faked it alot. I honestly saw change in the people around me. The home group I chose was a 1-3 steps meeting and they met in a rehab center. So, there was always this consistant reminder of what awaited me if I went back to drinking. Because in the end of my drinking career while I was still barely in control of my professional life... my social life went to ****.

Anyway, for what it is worth... in early soberity it is a great thing if the focus is AA or whatever road you make a decision to travel.
I am trying to "act as if." Act as if I don't drink. As as if I am a normal, structured person. And act as if I have some spirituality in my life. I honestly don't want to be religious and don't feel the need to believe in a certain god/dogma but if AA is based on having a higher power and I want to do what it takes, then, I am acting as if I have a higher power.

Yes, my professional and social life were very crappy. I want to have a happy fulfilling life. So I am faking it until I hopefully make it.

Thanks.