View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fowlplay

I'll never change him.

Wiil I? I will never be "enough" for him to quit drinking. Neither will our children. It's been 11 years of stress over drinking, intermingled with deep love for this man. I want to spend the rest of my life with him, breathe my last breath in his arms. I cannot do that with him the way he is now. I can't be married to a binge drinker, alcoholic, what ever label we put on it. I don't know where to go from here. I have no job, no money, two little kids, pets, bills, etc. How do I begin to let go? I want to work it out, but I know that will mean me having to be okay with his drinking. I am not okay with it anymore. My children and I are worth more. He's wonderful when he's not drinking, kind, loving, supportive, giving, etc. But he thinks he should be able to do what he wants in regards to drinking and that I'm supposed to go along with it and not say a word about it. He is upset that our relationship has been off lately. It has because he said he'd quit, he didn't and I'm mad at him, disgusted with his behavior when he drinks and don't want to spend quality time with him. Just because he doesn't drink one night so we can watch TV together, doesn't make it okay. Does it?