Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
berrygirl

Husband goes to treatment and now wants to end marriage?!?!

Help! My husband and I have been together for 18 years. We have 2 children (15 and 11). He's been numbing his pain with alcohol and other drugs for about 22 years now. He finally accepted help and is in a treatment centre for concurrent disorders (addiction & mental health).
Now, after two months of sobriety and one month in treatment, after I have seriously loved and supported him through everything, he has told me that he's doesn't love me and probably never really has. He's making serious plans to leave his family as soon as he leaves treatment. When he comes home on weekends, he spends all his time caring for himself and others from the treatment centre. When they go to AA, he leaves 2 hours before so he can give everyone rides and spends hours with everyone after. He says that everyone there knows what he's going through...especially one girl who I've come to realize he has romantic feelings for.
He still has another month and a half of treatment. I'm so scared for my children and myself! Why now?? After all this time and finally being sober would he decide to walk out on his family??
I am seeing a counsellor, have tons of friends and am very respected in the community. He tells me how terrific I am and how this may be the stupidest mistake in his life...yet he's still making plans to leave.
Help?? Any insight??