Old 11-11-2011, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tigger41

I was there last weekend - I was on Day 4 and I went to an Open Bar event. I have to say the first hour was painful - I guess because I would usually walk in and get a drink and now I just had to stand there with my Diet Coke and I was NOT happy at all. I repeat NOT HAPPY.

Then I remembered that this was my choice and I was choosing not to drink and just pushed through it - I started feeling better at about 90 minutes in - it was a very long 90 minutes. By the end of the evening I was really happy. Watching other people drink a bit too much and being to actually see that they had a bit too much. Then I realized that I had been that person every time and I was VERY happy I didn't have a drink. I actually remembered people's names I was introduced to - that was CRAZY - I thought I wasn't good with names not that it was because I was drinking... Erica, Jena dn Lisa. yep still remember them lol

Get through it any way you can. Leave early if you must, don't go at all if you don't have to and keep saying in your mind over and over again - "I don't want to drink"

And by the end of the evening take a look at those that have had too much and I don't think you'll tell me that you were hoping to be that person... that person is half in the bag and not looking very happy or professional or like a parent at all.