Thread: Day 2 ... again
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
camedown
MINEr

Originally Posted by tellme1 View Post
Programmer - I was at an AA meeting yesterday and the subject of finding a higher power came up. I too struggle with this issue, but a guy (who has been sober for years) there said something I found really interesting. He said he doesn't believe in God in the traditional sense, but claims AA as his higher power and that has made all the difference. That statement gave me alot to think about and I hope it makes you think too and maybe provides you with some comfort. Good luck!
Man, I went through the whole thread to post this, and you beat me on the last post. I did the same thing too. I figured that two people have more power than one, and that a whole group of drunks who maintain sobriety day in and day out must have significant power. It worked in getting me through the hard first month or so. Once I got thorugh step five, I found myself opening up to other avenues to a higher power, but each journey has it;s own path. Your sobriety must be for you, no one else, and it should be a seperate entity that is superior to everything else in life, for if we don't put sobriety first, we must be prepared to lose everything.

camedown