View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lostnalone

Threw away 30 days sober.......

Morning all,

After coming face to face with the cold hard reality of my alcoholism, I made it 30 days sober, basically all of October. During my 30 days I went to meetings, met with a psychologist, a work counsellor and exercised at the gym and went to Yoga almost every day. For all my efforts, I felt great, I felt like I was accomplishing more and more with each passing day. Just when I thought things were going to be different for the rest of my life.........my wife and I started our divorce.

I left my home and my marriage over two weeks ago and I've been drunk everyday since.

I cant even begin to describe how hopeless I feel. My mood and my emotions change almost every hour, I've been through many tough times in my life and I can honestly say that nothing compares to how alone and desperate I feel now.

What happened to life? I remember being twenty years old just a short time ago without a care in the world. I was always happy, never "addicted", and had desire and zest for everything I did. Now? Im 26, divorced (almost), fat, broke and I can barely make it through a day at work without breaking into tears in front of my coworkers.

Anyone else going through this? Or Anyone else gone through a divorce and relapse at the same time?

To anyone else on the verge of relapse......please dont, its the worst feeling in the world, I wouldnt wish what I feel on my worst enemy.