View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
freethinking
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

I can relate to your withdrawal. I DREADED nighttime when I would detox myself at home....for me, there was little distinction between dreams and reality. I would *think* I was just laying there trying to fall asleep. It was sort of like I was half dreaming and half awake. That's probably as close to the dark side as I've ever gotten...almost like a bad trip. Neurologically, I was really shot this last time. I would hear things, see things and was very skiddish (the littlest noises would cause me to jump). It's kind of scary to look back and see how bad I had gotten but for me at the time, it was "just another detox" and par for the course. Insane....really insane.

And now fast forward to today...I'm a pretty upbeat person and feeling very grateful for the smallest of things in my life. yet it was only 6 months ago that I was detoxing like that.

My only advice is to remember any bad thing you've ever been through and never thought you'd get through....but you DID get through it. This is just like that....you'll get through it and someday look back at it as if it maybe even happened to someone else. Baby steps.