Old 11-06-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
scaredgirl

First post.. Found out last night my boyfriend is smoking ice.

Hi Guys,

I don’t even know if this is where I should be or if I’m just wasting everybody’s time but here goes.

My boyfriend, who I live with, my first love, my everything, is a frequent pot smoker and I have just found out he has been smoking ice as well.
I have always hated the pot smoking and begged him to stop.. I’m quite young (21) and I just sort of figured he would grow out of it.. He also doesn’t work, where as I work a 50 hour week.
Anyway, he has a really paranoid personality, though he would never let anybody but me see that. To the outside world he seems like a happy go lucky guy, who is a good friend, a bundle of fun, and trustworthy. He IS actually that person most of the time..

As I was saying, always thinking I’m cheating on him (I’m not and never have) has gone to the measures of installing a keylogger on my computer, calling me at work and accusing me of it, just generally being aweful.
Only say once a week would this happen. So anyway, long story short, I always thought it was the weed that made him like that, until last night when he confessed he has been smoking ‘a bit of ice’

BOOM

I love him, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me and makes me feel soooo good about myself.

Firstly, I don’t know how I was so blind (he wouldn’t sleep for a couple of days, and always says he loves visiting my mum/grandparents with me because he feels so clean there)
Secondly, where do I go from here? I have told him he must get help (he is having his probation officer come over today to talk about rehab, counselling etc)
Am I still being nieve because I love him in thinking that we can get through this? It has been happening most of our 3 year long relationship, I just found out.

Is it possible for addicts to seem completely together to everybody?
Is it possible for him to lie to me about everything and still love me?
Is he even an addict?
Sorry about the novel, and thanks for listening….