View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Regrets528

1 Week down !!!!

Hey guys Wanted to post I have completed my first week down ! I found something odd last night. Me my girlfriend and a bunch of friends went out to eat and I would not drink any alcohol. I noticed intense anxiety while out at the sushi bar. It was to the point the room started to spin and my heart was pounding. I kept pounding water down and made it through the meal. Does this happen often ? I didnt suffer any real withdrawal symptoms when I stopped? I just felt alittle off this week and alot more anxious. I have been able to deal with my guilt and emotions alot better. One of the biggest problems used to be when the feelings of anxiety and guilt would creep up at night I would drink until I was drunk, wake up the next morning and feel guilty about drinking. I find I may be starting to let things go and in the morning I wake up feeling like its a beautiful new day rather than regretting the choice I made the night before.

Also how do you guys deal with your friends. My best friend seemed disgusted I was not drinking last night.