View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
memiselfniok

First 6 months

I just made 6 months Monday 180 Days! This is my second time around (I had 217 days in 2009).The difference is the spiritual part of AA is in my heart. Maybe because I call my sponsor and/or network everyday, attend monthly business meetings. Read the literature, have joined another group (Back to Basics) which assists me in understanding the Fellowship and Program.

At first, I did not feel the spiritual component, as a matter of fact became indignant when people would speak of their God. But, something happened in the Back to Basics group. I came to believe in God again. Not the fearful God of my childhood but the omnipotent, all knowing, forgiving loving God.

4th Step last week..hard stuff but cleansing. Still doing the work..learning who I am for the first time in my life and it feels good. Oh yeah, I have not had the desire to drink in 4 months.

Reading the literature, a God centered network and sponsor, becoming involved in my group and rigorous honesty - it is working for me. God is truly doing for me what I could NEVER do for myself.