View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CamilleBelle

Welcome!

Hi Dan, Welcome to the site! I've been struggling the last month or so with the realization that I have a problem. I am 27 and was recently married earlier this year. I feel your pain as I read your post because alcohol did not seem to be an issue for me, until it is a big issue... if that makes sense. Being at an age where my friends are all still big "going outers" it is easy to hide the fact that I have a problem... or all my friends have a problem too... but I don't think that is the case. You say you only drink on the weekends, but last night was Wednesday... I only bring this up, because if you have an urge to drink... there is always a reason... good day, bad day, rainy day, summer day, new job, lost a job...ect. Anxiety is also a big trigger for me, but oh my, the alcohol seems to make it 10 times worse!!! I've started seeing a counselor and that's been helping, but I am still not in the "recovery phase" I would love to start a family soon, so that is my motivation for being sober. I've had multiple long term situations in the past where I chose not to drink, and was always very successful, but I always seem to start again (mildly at first) and I do not want to do that if I have kids. We all need support... and this site is great for it. get sober for your daughter! she needs you. good luck!