View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by painterman View Post
Drunk and angry often go together, along with pathetic. WTBH, i would be honest with your friend, if he is a friend he'll understand.
I'll be honest and maybe this is unfair of me and I should give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can pretty much predict the reaction I'll get if I express concern about his drinking (or state that I just don't enjoy talking to him when he's drinking and that it's my issue to deal with, not his)... He and stbxah often drank together but I guess bc our friend wasn't my spouse, he was always decent toward me, even when AH was being a jerk-- but he drinks way too much and I'd bet money he is still AH's drinking buddy.

I know avoidance isn't a really healthy strategy but I really don't feel equipped to get a verbal from him for mentioning something about his drinking and I suspect that's what I'll get.

I'm going to give it a few days and then talk to him... Right now I am too unsettled and annoyed by it all to have a conversation be productive for either of us!