Thread: People in here
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
m1k3

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
The part where someone said they left SR for awhile because of the judgmental posts.
That happened because this is an open forum, you get people at all different levels of recovery and some people get upset when the hear things they don't like and some people post harsh responses when their triggers are pushed. I think we do a pretty good job of self policing people's responses and if it gets out of hand a mod will step in. As I said, a response that would not have any negative impact on someone who has been working their recovery can have a big impact on someone new, who has no recovery and who's emotions are very close to the surface.

Al-anon meetings, at least the ones I have been to, are structured completely differently. Each person is given a chance to share based on that nights topic. When you share there is no cross talk. When you are done it will be someone else's turn to share. People may occasionally reference something someone said as a point the triggered something in them but that would be as far as it goes. No one bashes their qualifier or discusses another's sharing or anything like that.

As I said, go see for yourself.

Your friend,