View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
EricL

I say if you're really up in the air about this matter, then go for it. Maybe you aren't alcoholic? That would be a wonderful thing to know about yourself.

I know for me, I was totally unable to do that. I would set out with the best of intentions to just have a beer or two, or just a fun weekend... sometimes it worked, most of the time it went devastatingly wrong. That was the problem. As an alcoholic who is powerless over alcohol I can never predict what the outcome would be. Eventually those times of it working as planned disappeared and I had my answer-that I was in fact an alcoholic and terrified because no matter what I thought, tried, or felt, I could not stop drinking.

So, go for it. See how it works out. My hope for you is that it goes well and you find your answer that you aren't afflicted with the same alcohol problem that I am.

But nobody on an anonymous internet forum can tell you whether or not it will work, if its a good idea, or if you are an alcoholic. All that's up to you.

Last edited by EricL; 10-29-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: .