Old 10-29-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
MrSilver

Originally Posted by checkmate1 View Post
I have found I am not as close with my friends. I have 4 good friends and although I'm still in contact with them things are different or have changed. I'm feeling good these days with 4 months of sobriety. I am more happy just within the family confines at the moment. Because I don't drink on weekends I'm chasing my friends less for something to do and am sometimes more happy and content doing my own thing and just chill at home and save money and concentrate on becoming a better person and getting more involved in my own interests.

One of my friends has said something has changed between us and when I asked what it was she said she would talk to me another day. She has only known me as a sober person (4 months) so I'm not sure what is on her mind. I have struggled with anxiety issues and that side of things have improved and after coming home from a holiday that was really freeing because I haven't had a holiday in years maybe I have changed. She said I used to love going out clubbing with her on weekends and now I don't want to as much. I'm kinda over the clubbing scene and told her I prefer just chilling out and having a chat than forcing myself to try to seem interested in clubs.
It seems like everyone I have ever had contact with who had quit drinking was dealing with the same thing at some level. There are people out there who can relate to you and maybe you can use that as a way to start new friendships. Hope things have gotten better.