Thread: The Deal
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IrieOne

The Deal

Here it is, the Deal.
This is my first day on this forum, and I have found a lot of inspiration so far. So this is the deal. 10 years of drinking almost every day. I get excited when I think about the first drink of the day. I have to plan around it. I quit once for 8 days. It was horrible. I can get one day of not drinking every two weeks or so now. I don't drink like I did when I was 20 anymore. I do still have any where from 3-10 a day though, and I feel like I need them every day. I am 28 now, I started drinking at age 15, almost every day since then, but really almost every day since 18. It's old. It needs to stop. Ambition is lost. I have no reason for it. I have been very successful, no stress, beautiful wife. Great grandfather, grandfather, grandmother, and father are alcoholics, and I guess the apple doesn't fall far. After reading your stories I feel fortunate for the things I have. But I think about this every day and it has to stop. I've grown into it now, more responsible and I have a daily routine for hangovers. Never been to jail and the wife only hit me in the head with a frying pan once so far. I feel like if I quit now I'll still be ahead, because I know what happens from here. So here's to the first day, maybe tomorrow. Everybody who has been here, feel free to lay it on me.