Old 10-26-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wowzers

so what is it about me that sounds like i am progressing vs. someone else my age that may also go out and do the same level of drinking a couple of times a year and just consider themselves normal 20-something year olds? i do fear that i could become out of control, but a lot of others like me probably don't fear that at all...and a lot of them (possibly including me) may grow out of the stage and be "normal" drinkers (whatever that means).

i guess what i'm saying is that i don't believe it is a true statement that of the 60% of bar patrons i see out on a friday night that are obliterated will become alcoholics when they get older. sure, some will, but surely not all. i could be one, i could not, but what concerns me is WILL i? (btw, not a bar patron every friday that is obliterated, just to reiterate)

i know posting on the forum raises concerns to many of you that i have a problem, but one thing you should know is that i have severe OCD. like pigtails and her HIV worries, i too worry i will get AIDS, cancer, alcoholism, syphillis, anxiety attacks, depression, insanity, etc. this is a routine thing for me to be concerned about my life in serious ways.

granted, that certainly doesn't absolve me from becoming an alcoholic or a serious problem drinker in the future. i just want to know how to find out if i will become that person, because there has to be someone like me out there that grows up and isn't an alcoholic. maybe i am like that, maybe i'm not, but i feel like there has to some kind of way to figure it out.

thanks for all of the replies.