View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Tippingpoint

I'm in a good spot right now. More than 4 months into this now and drinking seems further and further removed from my life. Cravings and AV interference are rare for me now and easily overcome.

My son plays hockey and has early Saturday and Sunday morning practices that have me up at 6 am on the weekends. These practices used to just about kill me after a night of drinking. I really enjoy the time now. I take my camera with me as the light is so lovely at that time of the morning. My son and I get to spend some quality father/son time together.

I'm really proud of myself and the work that I've done over these past 4 months. It's so empowering to be able to walk through life without that insidious secret lurking beneath the surface...waiting to be fed.

My marriage is better. My relationship with my boys is better. Work is better. My photography is better. I ran a frickin' marathon! I weigh the same now as I did in grade 12! I'm smarter. I'm funnier. I'm much more handsome and confident. I've saved a ton of money that I've turned around and spent on a new camera.