Thread: Day one again
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ArgentOfSilvae

Morning Everyone,

Day 1 went well, though I found getting any work done difficult, either because I was feeling a tired from a couple of nights bad sleep or weather I was procrastinating, I'm self employed but I work with a team, whom I told I had the flu for the last few days, which I feel guilty about.

I went shopping mid day and picked up various varieties of pop I also picked up some food for tea. I then made my partner and I a grilled chicken salad, Its been a while since I actually put any effort into making tea, My speciality being pasta bake, as you pour on the source and pop it in the oven and forget about it. So I had a decent meal for once by my own making. Side Note: my grilled chicken was too dry, cooked it too fast I think.

Around 6-7pm (I've usually started drinking by now) I was feeling a little off, I suppose I'd call it bored. Initially I just sat feeling sorry for myself, but after I while I was determined to find something to take my mind off it. Cue the iPad and a brilliant little game called "PuzleMan" a Jigsaw puzzle app. While I didn't think I would enjoy jigsaw puzzles, the harder levels of the app are really quite difficult, soon I found myself engrossed in it.

My partner has a gaming night online mondays at 10pm, which I usually miss completely or catch a bit of before falling into bed, this week I watched all the way through.

I went to bed at 12pm, not particularly tired, but I was sick of drinking pop and cups of tea, a slight headache kept me from playing more jigsaws. for the next two hours I was very much awake, my headache got worse (i could feel the vains throbbing at my temples) and all sorts of random stuff was going through my head, I browsed this site a bit reading through some of the posts to try and take my mind off it (I didn't want to take pain killers, as I can have a problem with those too) around 2pm I gave up and fell back on a trick I used to use in my teens, when I was in much the same predicament.

Some might call it new agey or whatever, but really its just a way for me to take my mind off things. Lying flat on my back, my arms by my side, I breath in deeply imaging a stream of calm flowing up through my feet, the breath out imaging all the random thoughts going out down through my arms and out of my finger tips, after a few minutes of this I then imagine my little toe (waggling it to clarify in my mind where it is) i then move on to my next toe, and so on, then up the foot to the ankle, and then the knee, and then the hip and groin and down the right leg then back up, then up my stomach and and across my clavicle to the shoulder and down the arm to the elbow, then the hand then fingers, then back up and across the other side, at all times trying to feel what the skin there is in contact with. I keep doing this aslong as I'm awake.

I woke at around 5, drenched in sweat (as I had done the previous nights), I got water from the bathroom and went back to sleep, which was then broken up into perhaps hour segments by wakeful sweatiness. it really is quite difficult to get comfortable after this, its cold here and my room is cold, so I'm either sweating or freezing and sweaty. I woke up at 9.30, so I just about got the 8 hours I was aiming for.

I've eaten breakfast (2 x wheatabix and a satsuma) as I have typed this post with my usual coffee (another substance I wish to quit but it's the least of them), I'm feeling fairly good, tired, but no more than you would expect from broken sleep.

I have lunch and tea planned, and I still have lots of fizzy pop, so I welcome day 2.

Now to do some work

AoS