View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Oh I have admitted to AH and myself and am well aware that I did try to "control" for years by bugging him about his drinking etc...

But I was never "abusive" or controlling in the way that she implies (as he has too)... For ex/ I've been very very firm about limits regarding visiting the girls and arrangements being made ahead of time. Totally reasonable. But AH has griped to me and surely to Mommy that I am "controlling" him (by setting boundaries such as "no you can not just show up and dictate when and how you will visit any damn time you want).

It just bugs me to have someone (his mother is married to an absuive alcoholic who AH detests bc of the very behaviors AH himself displays) who is the ultimate codie/enabler, try and judge me for trying to be healthy.

I hate being bad mouthed for things that are untrue and I guess I need to work harder on the notion of not caring what others think. I was caught off guard by MIL and I most definitely will not be answering calls from her anymore. Thank god for caller ID!