View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
ProfessorFudger
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Must say though still dont feel like part of the gang here, mainly in part because so many are still strugglng. I would heartly offer some words of encouragement but dont have any similar problems to identify with. Why after 7 months are people stuggling? I honestly would like to know so I can try to understand and empathise.

The longer time passes us by, the more i begin to wonder if it is a psychological state of mind we are fighting, as surely the physical effects have long past, our body should no longer need alcohol.

I tried to think of an analogy that was something i could relate to, and my shrink thought it was pretty good. Imagine our body to be a computer, its great new, but if we keep putting crap on it, or download dodgy stuff onto it, in time viruses hit it, it slows down, you really want to chuck it out. Instead of giving up though, what can we do restore it. There are reboot methods which clear things up. Upgrading antivirus software etc. There are many many other ways.

The point is the computer wasnt crap to begin with was it, its downfall was what went into it. When a PC is restored yes we can make the same mistake again, but we now have the knowledge of how to prevent it. We can even add software to improve performance and upgrade memory, we have the ability to make the computer run better than it did when we got it.

Our brain can be reprogrammed in the same fashion, find your updates and upgrade, find a better antivirus package and install. Think like a machine not a human being. The need for a beer isnt real, its a dodgy virus we can easily get rid of.

Failing that, i find that thinking about the people i hate and them wanting me fail, callng me a loser, laughing at me if i fail. I soon find myself laughing back saying to myself er not this time you pricks Im stronger than you think, I'll show you all. Somehow that does the trick very quickly indeed.