Thread: Dispirited
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
checkmate1

I'm 30 and have almost 6 months sober time. Anti-depressants were essential for me in recovery. I started off on a low dose and as time moved on the doctor's have me at a high dose. I'm happy with that and its better than drinking. Sometimes I neglect hygeine for example brushing teeth is a chore but I shower and use deoderant regularly. Even in the times I have been sober life has been a challenge. Just recently I had to pack my stuff up and leave the house and went to a crisis centre where I had little options except to sleep in my car. I was lucky enough to be able to crash at a friends for a few days and am now back home. I have had 2 psychotic episodes, 2 hospitalizations a nervous breakdown which nearly took me over the edge. I'm medicated and sober so I cope better now. When I decided that I would not pick up a drink ever my life is so much better now and alot of the mental health issues have got better.

There is always hope even in the most trying of circumstances hang in there is no solutions at the bottom of a bottle.