Thread: slight victory
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
December2011

slight victory

Well, about one and a half weeks left out of the 30 days my AS has until moving out day.
Tonight my AS (24) managed, within 15 minutes of me being in my home office, to ransack my room and steal my credit card. As soon as I herd him rush out the door without saying anything I checked my hiding places for my cards, and one was gone (I need better hiding places). I never leave the house with him here without taking all my cards with me as well.
I called him, and informed him that it must be back within 10 min or the police would be called (in the past I never would have called the police, I would have cancelled the card). He actually came home with my card and no charges on it, begging me not to call the police.
Maybe it does not sound like a victory to some people, but it was for me, because I was willing to get the police involved, and he knew I meant it. In the past I was too worried about him going to jail.
I am bracing myself for the storm when he must move, but I know I have to stay strong. Everyday is the same when he is here. He comes home late night in a good mood after getting his drugs, and wakes up a terror trying to get money for drugs.