Thread: Strangers
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Babyblue

Strangers

The exRABF finished his year long program and I honestly don't know who this 'new' person is. It is like he lost his sense of humor too. Or oozes that 'love everyone' vibe which seems sorta Pollyanna-ish and disengenous to me.

Honestly, I am glad he is sober but I have kept my distance because I miss the person I thought I knew. I hope he comes back (sober). Before his relapse, he seemed more down to earth, more grounded but in this go at recovery he has become someone I can't identify with.

Is this normal for intense recovery programs? He actually is kind of well... robotic.. and doesnt seem to be as stong as I thought he'd be after his time there. It is as if he is still not still able to stand on his own two feet. And he is being sort of a dick to me which is uncool and hypocritical given his new beliefs and all he supposedly learned.

He hasn't made an amends to me, not sure if he ever will but he put me through some sad stuff and I was nothing but present for him always. Now he barely talks to me. It makes me sad. Yes I've moved on but it is like he can't even be a friend and that part puzzles me. Maybe I'm too much of a trigger, I don't know.

I am keeping my distance but just observing his changes and scratching my head. Others say he will come around and talk to me more. I don't see signs of it though at this juncture. I don't see the 'recovered' part, only the abstinate part of his not drinking.