View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sara23

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post
Hi Sara,

These two sentence leapt out at me:

Those two sentences are essentially the same statement, looked at from different angles.

So is this one:

No one can tell you whether you have a drinking problem or not -- only you can decide that. But I would urge you to continue thinking not just about passing tests or having victories, but about why only having a drink or two feels like a victory. If you find that limiting your drinking is a constant challenge, then you may find that eliminating those challenges through sobriety is easier.

Nonetheless, there is no judgement here. I applaud you for looking at your drinking habits and deciding to take some action, and I hope you find a course of action that brings you health and happiness. But I know there are a lot of us here who probably felt "victorious" on many occasions, only to find those victories became fewer and farther between, until eventually they didn't feel much like victories at all.

Thank you Deserto: I understand what you are saying. I guess I am in that phase of trying to figure out what exactly is going on with me. To be honest I dont considder myself an alcoholic but I do think I have a drinking problem in the sence that I sometimes I take it too far. I dont black out every time I drink but it happens enough to not be ok in my eyes. One thing I know is that it is not ok to black out. Im also trying to overcome this huge anxiety problem I have and drinking just doesnt seem to help that is for sure. I also know that if you dont have a drinking problem you dont have a problem saying no,like you said. I obviously dont want to go down a self destructive path of drinking and ruining my life. I appreciate all the comments I get, even the most direct ones. Life is a journey of constant self descovery and luckily I found this board and you guys to help me understand what I am going through better.