Old 10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
shawty80

my xabf had the paragraph from which programmatic quoted cued up on his phone for me to read the night after he told me he didn't think he was an alcoholic and that he could control his drinking. there's no surprise that the remainder of the chapter goes on to detail stories of those who have tried and failed.

he went into the hospital for detox in april, and spent almost four months (actually, just three days SHORT of four months) sober and in aa. after he started drinking again, he quickly started blaming me for making him feel guilty, and two weeks later, he broke up with me. two weeks after that, he told me that his drinking had increased "ironically," and a month after (which happened to be this past weekend), he went out of town to a beer festival with his buddies.

maybe he's an alcoholic, maybe he's not. maybe he's controlling his drinking, maybe he isn't. only HE can figure out his pathway, and i am so much happier not having to constantly worry that the next drink may send him plummeting. it's his life to live as he sees fit, and i'm trying to do the same with mine. i've FINALLY starting doing things that i want to do, and it feels okay.

good luck to you and keep posting. i know that every single thing that i read helps me immensely!!!