Old 10-11-2011, 03:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
MemphisBlues

I'm an alcoholic, so I don't drink nonalcoholic beer. I'm an addict, so I don't take mind-altering drugs of any kind.

I never tried heroin. If I did, I'm sure I would like it. If I tried it once, well, there wouldn't be a once. So I don't try it.

I lived on beer, pot, acid, benzos, and any other drug I thought would be fun for a few decades. Longer, in fact, than I probably have left on planet. I have relative health, security, and am learning to love and live without beer, pot, acid, benzos or any other drug I think might be fun.

I'm an addict and an alcoholic. If I didn't have drugs, I would drink. If I had beer, I was OK without drugs. But my favorite adage was, "Dope with get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."

If I smoke a joint, I'll want a beer. If I drink a beer, I'll want a benzo and a joint. I would rather be totally sober.

And I find surrendering to the fact that I can't drink one beer or take one bong hit a relief, just a plain point in fact, and I don't ever want to have the craving that one beer or one joint or one benzo would create.

It just wouldn't be enough. None is plenty. Heck, I get stoned off of Novocaine at the dentist. Something tells me most people don't, that is, normal people who can have one beer or one bong hit or one benzo. I may be normal about heroin, but if I do it once, I won't be.