View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 02:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
frannie

I really don't know where to start

:rose Good afternoon, my friends, We are home from our court date. Our daughter is with us. God truly blessed her and made many things go in her favor that could just as easily gone the other way and caused her to be sent back to jail. At any rate, she is home, with time served and a strict probation, she has to live at home with us and she has to be evaluated by a drug rehab center on Thursday to see if the needs outpatient counseling. I wish we had the money to send her to rehab for several weeks or months, but we did that once when she had insurance and now that she has lost her job she has none. It is unfortunate that drug rehab is so very expensive, even with insurance. The judge could easily have sent her back to jail unless she could go to rehab...and jail certainly is in no way a rehab for anything. She seems to be a different person, said she attended church everyday...she tried out all the denominations available. She said she was saved Sunday night...at the Church of Christ service...she also tried Catholic, Jehovahs Witness, literally tried them all. That is what we have prayed for the most...that she be saved and through that personal relationship with God that she could really start to change her life. She said that she had come prepared to have to go back to jail because she thought she would have to. The thing that scared her today was that they sent her drug test for further testing and found out that the cocaine level in her blood was lethal. She is a very lucky young lady that she did not die. We were shocked at the news of such use...we didn't ever know that cocaine was a problem for her. We think now that God did indeed have a hand in her violating probation and being drug tested before she did kill herself. Two young people around her age and of her acquaintance have both died from accidental overdoses in the past year and a half. She could very well have been the third. Thank you all for your prayers and wonderful advice. I know that she has just taken the first step on the long road to recovery, but at least she is headed in that direction. We have also learned that sometimes a parent must let their child fall down and take the consequences of their decisions. We would probably have tried to rescue again but God made it impossible for us to do so. I am so very glad that all the pressure of a court date is out of the way and maybe we can begin to change. My love to all of you and thank you again for your prayers and concern.