View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

OT-Realizing my dreams, a bit at a time

So, my big dream is to retire, move into my RV and travel around the country photographing whatever catches my eye. But, that is still a few years off, so I do what I can.

Ever since I got an RV, one of the places I've wanted to take it is the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon. Waterfalls are one of my favorite subjects, and the gorge has them in abundance. I started doing a little research and discovered that not only is it less crowded in the fall, but the autumn colors are beautiful.

So, next week I'm headed up there on a trip with nothing more on my agenda than to get some beautiful photographs.

The ex is on layoff from his job, so my son will get some father-son bonding time. And when I told my S/O that I wanted to do this trip a few weeks ago, his eyes got really big and he said "you mean an adult-only trip? Just the two of us?" He's so cute, and he supports my photography obsession completely. Looking forward to a wonderful "adult-only" week away. Fingers crossed that the leaves cooperate, too.

L