View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
worriedsis29

thank you all for your kind words of support. they truly mean more than y'all know. the suggestion to hand him a list of NA meetings/crisis numbers is very helpful ( thank you anvil ). we are a bit afraid to outright discuss with him as we can already predict the response. i wish he did not live so near to my mama ( or we could teleport her far away for the time being ) - for her own safety and so she was not subject to his bizarro behavior so regularly. feel awful hes turned into this so soon. we know over the years he'd done other substances recreationally but my goodness what is he on to destroy him like this SO fast ? he is like a shell of who we knew. our mama has an incredible ability to forgive ( which my sibling and i do not have ) and love ( with boundaries of course ). i wish he could grasp this as he spirals out of control. i will look for any marks on his arms if possible ( its chilly here so hes often in long sleeves ).

hope - i am so sorry youre dealing with this yourself. no mother should have to feel this kind of emotional trauma. what has been the biggest mental/emotional hurdle youve dealt with that i should try to look out for in her ? ( she is so strong that she keeps alot inside so as to not ' burden us ' which is crazy of course as shes our num 1 priority )

freedom - thank you - just wanted to mention your " crew " are beautiful - especially that grey faced beauty of a retriever. dogs are truly God's creatures with their ability to help us heal. i fear my own mama;s " baby boy " may be in harms way at some point in the escalation of addiction.