View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I also agree with posters who mentioned that many of us here are just learning to feel our own feelings. I've mentioned on another thread that acknowledging anger/being angry is very difficult for me. In learning and practicing this new feeling it's possible that I (and others) swing too far the other way when we communicate about it.

I know that I've been walking around my home for the past 2 weeks with "I hate you" randomly popping into my head. It happens when I see things that relate to AH's son (my bonus son) or when I see things that remind me of plans that we have made. I don't hate him and I know I don't but I guess for me it's a way of acknowledging the anger that I feel about what he has done to our family.
That is why this has always been my favorite forum. It was here where I first learned to start feeling again, and because so many here allowed me to find my voice, feelings, and who I was without meth, cutting, and my ED, I slowly began to be able to trust myself enough live life again and so much more.

JMO, but I think no matter what anyone feels, whether it's not liking addicts too much atm, to expressing what they are feeling, to addicts being frustrated for not being liked or understood, This is the best and safest place to figure it all out.

I was a day from suicide when I found many of you here today because I didn't know how to stop, to almost 6 years free of those 3 things I stopped.
I wouldn't have gotten to where I was without reading and listening to everyones emotions, feelings, thoughts, and in turn just feeling the love put back out.

Great posts in here.....