View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gabriel

Red face Hello Everyone ~Pleased to Meet You All

Hi everyone,

My name is Gabriel and tomorrow (Oct. 4th) is my birthday. I will be 38 and after many unsuccessful attempts at staying sober, I decided to go 30 days with the aide of an online support group. Tomorrow, I would like to start a blog and share my thoughts and experiences with you all.

In essence, I have found that we (recovering alcoholics/addicts,etc...) all come from the same place; broken-hearted, hurt and trying to figure out where we fit into society. Others have been able to manage a sober life and so I hope to hear and share ideas with all of you.

After keeping a journal for almost a year now, I have gone from drinking everyday to a few binges. Sunday was the last time I had a drink. I counted the number of times I had a drink, since journaling October 15, 2010, and it was 25; a big change from daily escapades of drunkenness. I want that number to be 0 because I recently found out that I have done some minor damage to my liver and feel that I have been given a lot of chances for survival...so I want this time to count.

Best wishes and much success and thanks for having me here,

Gabriel

Last edited by Gabriel; 10-03-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: needed to include a few facts