View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alchy
Best After Date:June 12, 2011

First real test coming up.

Hi fello SR folk. Haven't posted much lately but read on my phone a lot. I'm a bit over 3 months in to sobriety. Since June 12th. My first real test is coming up. I am going away for business in a few weeks for 6 days by myself. I'm pretty sure I am going to be ok, but the thought of being alone in another country where no one knows me etc. kind of makes it easy to pick up a bottle. Again, I'm pretty damn sure I won't. But at the same time, who knows what will go through my head out there.

My plan is to just stick to what I do at home now. Work out, eat, tv, bed. Up for work, repeat. Exciting eh? lol I'd go do something but I'm not a very comfortable person going out by myself. Probably for the best.

I'm not an AA member or anything, but I think I will look up meetings in the area of where I am staying when I go away in case I need to go.

Also have a party to go to next weekend which will be my first time around people actually getting drunk. I've had people drink in front of me before and it's certainly managable. But no one getting drunk etc. But a fellow 7 year sober very good friend will be going, as well as my wife who hardly drinks at all. It should be ok but these people at the party are used to me being a hard drinker the odd time I actually see them. It will be strange, but I think it will be good.

I guess these are just the daily things that I will have to put up with and will be easier as I go. I'm home alone while my wife is away for the weekend right now. Booze in the house. Has been since I quit. It's all good though. I plan to be in this for the long haul so no temptation.

Anyway, just posting my thoughts and checking in. Proud to still be sober. Congrats to all the others here as well as usual. We're AMAZING.