View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 12:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
frannie

I don't know where to start!!

:bigeyes2: Dear Friends, I have read and reread your replies. They are a great source of comfort for me. Hopefully, they will help give me the strength to do what I have to do. She called from jail this morning and was all pitiful and weepy again. I asked what danger she had been talking about last night and she said it was nothing specific...just that there are bad people in jail. What a real light bulb moment that must have been for her. And the sad thing is that she belongs right there with them. She may have had a nicer life, come from a higher socioeconomic level...but she is in jail for theft...a very commen thief. I shall try to point that out at some time...I just hate to kick her while she is down...but I guess that is when one should kick an addict...so that maybe they learn a lesson and hit that elusive rock bottom. It is still hard to be this way as a parent. I love her and hate seeing her having done this and getting sent to jail for it. I am so totally confused in my feelings...one minute I want her to come home and get out of that environment and the next minute I want her to have to stay a few weeks longer so that she really learns her lesson. I know that I have nothing to do with that...God and the judge will decide what happens to her. I am still grief stricken as a parent to see her this way. Tomorrow is court day and when they bring her in from the holding cell with her orange prison jumpsuit on, I am going to have to try really hard to keep it all together. This time my husband will be with me, however, so that may help. Last Monday I had not told him and so I went through the whole ordeal by myself...I told him and now he can support me..he always does. I did not tell him the first time because he is always under a lot of stress from his job and I thought I would spare him the mess until it was all over. I felt that there was no reason for us both to suffer. I found out that I cannot handle it on my own, however. Everytime I think of her, it hurts my heart. I will be glad when it is over and done with. I pray constantly that God take the problem and deal with it as he wishes. That is not hard because I simply cannot do anything. My greatest fear is that this will not be the last time we have to go through this. I hope she changes, but I have my serious doubts. Pray for us tomorrow as we go to court and see what the future will be. I love you all for your support.