Old 09-29-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
TheOjibway84

Well you are in the right place for sure my friend These rooms here have helped me along the way as well as AA. But as everyone else has said in this topic. You must be the one to decide to quit and to quit for yourself. I haven't been married or anything but the simliar thing was given to me, quit or lose my family meaning my parents and brother and the extended family. I tried to quit on their terms but never worked because I was doing it for them just so I wouldn't lose them. But after several drunks my parents asked me to come back home after living on my own for 5 months in hell. For 5 months this year I was drinking every other day and sometimes 4 days straight and I was a hard liquor binge drinker. Luckily they cared enough to lend me a helping hand and so far things have been great. With some rules of cousre like no drinking in the house I can live by because its what I want. I want to quit drinking and so far this past month of being sober has been great and I've felt a change in me and my sponsor has seen the change in me as well which means I'm on the right track again. Good luck!