Thread: Just venting
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
marie1960

fulloffaith, It is very heartbreaking to have to let go of our dreams. So maybe it's time to dream new dreams. Make some easy short term goal, things you know you can accomplish. It will give you a lift.

How about changing your daily routine a bit? I understand you have kids, and as the mom our wants and needs are always at the bottom of the totem pole. But the best gift you can give them is to be healthy.

Stay connected with friends and family, good friends are my rock. We get together, and play silly board games, cards, and some competitive games of scrabble too. We always do a theme, mexican, italian, or just fattening comfort food and snacks. We bitch about the bad, and celebrate each other accomplishments together.

Just meeting someone for coffee, or having them over, lifts my spirits. It reminds me that life goes on. I may have gotten off the crazy roller coaster from hell , but it doesn't mean I still don't enjoy amusement parks. A little spin on the merry go round, or water log ride with good friends is therapy to me.

Sending you good thoughts. Hang in there it will get better, Be patient with yourself.