View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
artist83

Originally Posted by familydestroyed View Post
OMG! I completely relate. I think I just woke up last night. I have a cheat, a liar, a thief not a man who is suppose to be my support, my partner in life.
Familydestroyed,

I believe that fear is a major factor in why we have remained in these types of relationships. Yes, we also stay because we are compelled to help, change, and save others - we feel responsible for their lives - but our fear of not being able to survive without them controls us more than anything else. At least that is the reason that I remained in the relationship for so long. For a long time, my fear of being alone and surviving on my own was greater than my desire to be happy, and I am still angry with myself because I allowed that fear to control my life.

But now I look back at the day that my EXAB kicked my door in and threw me across the room, and I am thankful that he did it. Not until that point did my fear of him become greater than my fear of being alone. If that hadn't happened, I may still be in a relationship with that horrible, narcissistic excuse for a man.

I would never wish this upon anyone else - no one deserves to experience the type of fear that I felt that day. All I can do is hope and pray that many of the individuals who are in similar situations will not allow the fear of being alone and surviving on their own to overcome their desire for a secure, happy life.

Glad you are seeing the reality of your situation before that fear overpowers you.

"Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is." ~German Proverb~