View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Frst of all he HAS NOWHERE T GO
I and many other A's 'had no where to go and no one when we found recovery. I went into a Sober Living Home when they were few and far between. Had to get a job within the 1st two weeks of being there, even if it was 'flippin hamburgers'. You see I had lived on the streets for my last 1 1/2 years of my drinking and using.

These are CONSEQUENCES of HIS ACTIONS. I don't know why, well yes I do, but won't go there, when an A in early recovery has to OVERCOME their own CONSEQUENCES without the help of loved ones, and they really want recovery, it makes their recovery MORE IMPORTANT TO THEM.

he has he doesn't have insurance or money to go to a rehab or sober living never even heard of that around here
He doesn't need insurance, usually just needs the first week's rent. There are LOTS in Florida, he doesn't have to be right where you are:

Google

and no way am I willing to wait another year
Well then you have answered your own question. This is HIS recovery. You cannot HELP him. You can ENABLE him. This is something he NEEDS TO DO FOR HIM BY HIM.

I would suggest you get yourself a copy of the book Co Dependent No More, by Melodie Beattie.

Is there a difference between drug Abuser and adrug addict?
Nope, it progresses, never gets better unless TOTAL ABSTINENCE IS OBTAINED AND MAINTAINED. Then there is a LOT of personal work the A has to do on themselves to change their ways, attitudes, actions, reactions, and clear up the wreckage of their pasts.

Again, J M H O, however I have worked with and sponsored many over the years so am coming from those experiences.

Please read this thread and answer the questions honestly. They might just be an eye opener for you, as they were for me many years ago.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...er-yes-no.html

Love and hugs,