View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

he has nowhere to go noone else but me and his daughter n his pastor told him he needs some suport of loved one and guidance I seriously am all he has.
Sorry but I have to say BULL.

If he is really serious he will find a Sober Living House where he can be in a 'semi' protected environment with others learning to live by SOCIETY'S RULES. And how to do it SOBER and CLEAN.

He will have chores, he will have meetings, he will be REQUIRED to get a sponsor, he will be REQUIRED to be INVOLVED in all things in the house.

He needs to be working and living with sober and clean folks ALSO practicing a program of recovery.

Sorry but family's and loved ones have a tendency to enable.

he has many times since in jail toldme how sorry h is and how much he appreciates me n all I've done for him n how he doesn't deserve me
"Jail Remorse" and "Addict Quacking."

Step back, give him his space (preferably for at least a year) and WATCH his ACTIONS, not listen to his words. His ACTIONS will show his true commitment and willingness to try and change.

J M H O from my own personal experience with over 30 years of continuous recovery from alcohol and drugs, and over 27 years working on my own co dependent issues.

Love and hugs,