View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

We can only speak from our own experiences and many of us have some pretty bad experiences with addicted exhusbands so please......don't expect that anyone is going to say "stay with him". That is not a realistic expectation.

But hopefully, none of us will say "leave him" either. That's ultimately your decision. And when we vote or give advice, we take partial ownership in your decision--and personally, I can barely take responsibility for my own decisions (particularly when time proves me wrong) much less take responsibility for someone elses. lol

Our experiences are stored in our piggybank and they add up to something--but only time will tell what that might be.

I was married to an addict many years ago. I was a casual user with him. When I grew up and stopped smoking pot and binge drinking, he didn't. We had a child. Then we divorced. The child grew up in a nice home with a mother and stepfather who were less than kind to biofather. Child witnessed the animosity between both of his biological parents. Addicted exhusband was "cool" and smoked pot and did other drugs with said child. Adult child is now a meth addict and occasional heroin user.

That's my story in one paragraph. I hope and pray it will not be your story. Think long and hard before marrying an addict and having children with them. There are far more horror stories than "happliy ever after" stories when addiction is involved. And the "happily ever after" people probably aren't here in the F&F of SR. They are living in their today.......one day at a time.

gentle hugs
ke