View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 10:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
frannie

I really don't know where to start

Your replies to a person in need are prompt and your advice is correct and in my best interest not just in my daughter's. I don't know how to thank you. I know that what you say is true and hearing from people who have been there, done that...gives me the courage to stand strong in my beliefs. I have always been steamrolled and bullied into doing what daughter wants...even when I knew it was not the right thing to do. I am determined to let the chips fall where they may this time. I could go to the judge and plead her case and he would probably do what I wished him to do...but I will say nothing because God has control over this situation and he does not need my help. My sister had an interesting insight...she said maybe God has made this happen now, when we cannot financially afford to help her by bailing her out. In that way he has stopped my interfering with his process. Thinking that gives me comfort. And having you tell me that she is safer in jail than she is out on the street using again is something I really NEEDED TO HEAR!!! You know, I had never even considered that my rescuing her only reiforced the idea that she cannot survive on her own. The concept behind that thought is a new comfort, also. You make me feel that I have done the right thing...although it hurts enough to make you question whether you are doing the right thing. I hate that she has to go through this stage in her life, but if something does not change she is destined to kill herself or someone else. May I say one more time...thank you buddies you have strengthened my resolve to do what I know is the right thing to do. Love to all of you!!